- The total depravity of man: “Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Gen. 6:5). “God looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God. Every one of them has turned aside; they have together become corrupt; there is none who does good, No, not one.” (Psalm 53:2, 3).
- In unconditional election: “For He says to Moses, ‘I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion.’ So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.” (Rom. 9:15-16).
- In limited atonement: “I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours”(John 17:9).
- In irresistible grace: “No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day … all things have been delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father. Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.” (Jn. 6:44; Mt.11:26).
- In the perseverance of the saints: “And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.” (John 10:28).
Go back to HOME
Go back to WHAT WE BELIEVE